Monday, December 23, 2013

December Updates...

Alright... so where did the time go... I just noticed that I have not posted since THANKSGIVING! WTF?

What's been happening lately... well a lot actually...
I have finished collecting data for my AR and am now in the process of trying to summarize what happened. I can tell you that in Biology I have taught three months of new cirriculum and although it was a lot of work it really was worth it. When I started to analyze my data and was looking over a list of all the new lessons and labs we did I had a rare moment of "wow, I really did it!" I organized binders along the way to be sure that I will have references for next year but I really did what I set out to do... use inquiry style teaching. At first thought I believe that the impact has been more on ME and my way of thinking then on the students... but when I think and act differently of course they are impacted too. I am excited to see what the data will bring to light, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have the tools to go about solving or working to improve any sensed need in the future and knowing the process makes me glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment